A regional facilities management company has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join their growing team. The successful candidate must have the ability to use their own initiative by adding value to the business and ultimately delivering efficiencies.
The applicant must have strong accountancy knowledge and commercial financial awareness, as duties will include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the overall financial and budgetary controls of the company.
- To establish and maintain all financial control (FAP)
- To lead and manage the Finance Team in a professional and proactive manner in accordance with the DCS Qualities; Passion, Attitude, Knowledge and Sustainability
- To produce accurate and timely information for decision making and management.
- To prepare and update budget information.
- To monitor progress against agreed targets.
- To deal with contractual financial variations.
- To negotiate and obtain best commercial terms for all contractors.
- To sign off and ratify costs relating to all tenders.
- To help control cash flow movements of creditors.
- To approve the payment of all invoices and delegate authorisation where appropriate.
- To investigate high areas of expenditure and report accordingly.
- To advise SLT on both the commercial and financial performance.
- To attend and take an active part in Senior Leadership Team Meetings and communicate all appropriate facts to the wider team, as appropriate.
- To take full responsibility for managing the performance of the Finance Team.
- To take ownership for the learning and development of the Finance Team to allow the business plan objectives to be met. This includes regular coaching sessions.
- To ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all Health and Safety policies.
- To produce monthly board reports capturing details of all work undertaken.
- To liaise with both internal and external clients, suppliers and subcontractors ensuring that all reasonable requests are actioned.
- To utilise internal and external platforms such as; Clik and Sage etc
- To communicate effectively to ensure a cohesive workplace is achieved.
- To promote the best interests of the business and actively seek innovation.
- To undertake any other activity deemed necessary by line management.
The successful candidate will need;
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE with a successful proven history in similar roles
- Aware of relevant compliance issues is essential as is having a sound understanding of VAT rules and accounting standards
- Experienced in debtor management and control
- Has a commercial background and applies a commercial approach when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven Ability to be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and meet company objectives
- Technically strong with the ability to operate strategically
- Excellent problem solving skills and analysis experience
- Highly IT proficient with strong Excel Skills
- Team player, capable of challenging convention
The successful candidate will become a key member of the Senior Leadership Team within this dynamic company. Employee benefits include Gym Membership Allowance, Health Insurance, Reward and Recognition Strategy and Long Service Incentives.
If you feel that you meet all the criteria, please apply online.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
- Financial Management: 3 years (Required)